Nearby accommodation & attractions
When attending Dog Training we offer you the opportunity to camp or swag on our property. If you plan to arrive here on the Friday please let us know approx. time of arrival, so someone can show you around. We have a basic kitchen, shower and portable toilet available.
Other places in the area where you can stay are:
- Toora Tourist Park (10 minutes) They have a dog friendly cabin available. Toora Tourist Park has been a SPONSOR of our Annual Working Dog Trials.
- Long Jetty Caravan Park (10 minutes) Some cabins have a fenced off verandah where your dog can stay. They are not allowed in the cabins.
- The Welshpool Pub (3 minutes) Dogs not allowed in rooms.
- Hill View Apartment (3 minutes) Dogs allowed in kennel provided. David Smith 0409425109
- Tindoona Cottages (15 minutes) dog friendly holiday cottages. Dogs allowed inside.
- Prom Views Retreat (20 minutes) Dogs are allowed in the house. Diny Slamet 0418772622 or email@example.com
- Best Friend Holiday Retreat (45 minutes). Designed for people with dogs with great dog-facilities. Dogs are allowed in the cabins.
Closest town is Welshpool. It is a two minute drive and has a (basic) supermarket, pub with drive through, takeaway, post office, op-shop and petrol station.
Other bigger towns are Toora (10 min), Foster (20 min) or Yarram (30 min).
There are plenty of attractions in our area. Here are a few to get you started:
- Agnes Falls 10 km away and a 'must see', especially after some rain;
- Port Welshpool is a 6km drive. The Long Jetty has just been re-opened. Also a quiet beach to go with dogs;
- Wilson Promontory 80 km's away;
- Tarra Bulga National Park 50 minutes away, rain forest.
- Great Southern Rail Trail
- Mountain Biking
- Tank Adventures tank rides and museum
We are close to wineries, farmers market, restaurants, antique shop (Toora), golf (Foster), fishing & charters, surfing (Wilsons Prom and Sandy Point), kayaking (rental shop in Foster), scuba diving, bush walking, swimming (Toora and Foster), wind surfing, craft shops, art galleries and only 10 minutes to shops, cafés, great pub food and much more!
Also, you may want to checkout the local community website foster.vic.au
Contact us for more information.